- October 5 – Fall Financial Seminars at the Builders Exchange – Come to the next new member luncheon and learn about upcoming seminars, events and other programs available to members of the Builders’ Exchange of Santa Clara County. In addition, members have an opportunity to meet and network with other members of the Exchange.
- October 20 – New Member Orientation – Come to the next new member luncheon and learn about upcoming seminars, events and other programs available to members of the Builders’ Exchange of Santa Clara County. In addition, members have an opportunity to meet and network with other members of the Exchange.
- October 23 – Mechanic’s Liens and Stop Notices – Come hear how to protect your rights as a contractor to get paid. This law changed
again July 1 2012 and its important for you to hear what this law means to you. You will be given a nuts and bolts presentation of how to handle stop notices, bonds and liens. This class is great for everyone from the beginner to the experienced
- October 27 – Prevailing Wage Seminar – Students who attend this class will be able to walk away with a better understanding of prevailing
wages and how to remain in compliance with the law.
- October 31 – Better Profits from your own Project Data (2 hours) – Ignore the headlines about ‘big data.’ What matters more is your own project performance information. Which of your projects were most successful and why? Your lease successful? In this seminar you will discover how to simply and easily benchmark your own projects, which pieces of information to track, and ideas for applying the lessons learned to future projects. Learn how your project benchmarking information can help guide project selection, spotlight issues that need to addressed, and contribute to better accountability from estimating through project completion. This seminar is ideal of business owners, project managers, and bookkeepers (A/R and A/P).
- November 9 – Contracts 101 (2 hours) – This class will provide a broad overview on how to read your construction contract. Understand the meaning and effect of key contract provisions before you enter into a contact, including indemnity, attorney’s fees, arbitration, and incorporation provisions.
More to come!